Top Free Online Virus Scanning Websites
If you have not installed any anti-virus in your system you can perform an online scan of your computer with these websites once a month.
Note : Before scanning make sure your Firewall is turned off.
So lets start :
1) Virustotal :
BitDefender Free Online Virus Scanner version 8 includes:
- Redesigned interface: allows simpler configuration and guidance through the entire scanning process.
- Spyware scanning and removal: detects and disinfects spyware files.
- Effective defaults: scanning with the default options automatically cleans the infected files.
- Easy to install and update: each time the product is used, it updates its virus signatures from BitDefender Labs so the scan will be a valuable tool to assess the security status of the system.
- Automatic uninstall: available straight from the browser.
- Improved security: the product can be installed only on authorized web sites.
- Proxy enabled: detects automatically the anonymous proxy settings set in Internet Explorer.
- Exportable reports: save the scan report for later analyis.
5) Trend Micro Housecall (Trend Micro’s FREE online virus scanner) :
Trend Micro™ HouseCall is an application for checking whether your computer has been infected by viruses, spyware, or other malware. HouseCall performs additional security checks to identify and fix vulnerabilities to prevent reinfection.
- Check for and remove viruses
- Get rid of junk on your hard disk
- Improve your PC’s performance
New: Windows Vista users, try the beta edition of the scanner, just for Windows Vista.
To know more about Internet Security click here
Free antivirus software can be great, however if you want an internet security software package that does more visit k7computing.com