Joytokey is a simple yet powerful program for emulator keyboard with joystick. It is an open source program which can help you replace specific keyboard input with joystick buttons. You can also set joystick as a Mouse and emulate it for your ease.
JoyToKey Windows (7, XP, Vista)
The latest version 3.7.4 works fine with all version of Windows. For windows 7 all you need to do is download and install this program from the source forge website and make the necessary changes to the configuration file. You can use it when an application is not compatible with a particular joystick model.
It has all the features of a working keyboard but has its limitations. The overall functionality includes -
Multiple Joystick Configurations
It can configure 16 different joystick settings. In total there are 32 buttons, 2 POV switch, six axes for each joystick configuration.You can also save different config files to work under different situations. One just needs to load this joy2key config file after plugging in the joystick.
Multiple dynamic functionality
- You can set a button to trigger shooting automatically.
- Mouse buttons can also be emulated with JoyToKey.
- You can set the scroll speed and control wheel movement to adjust with the game requirement.
One Click Config Switch
- While working with multi-tasking window you can easily select one button configuration change with Joy2Key emulator. Just press the assigned switch and it will load the config file assigned.
- You can also set emulation for keyboard and assign keys to define a virtual keyboard on joystick. It is just like emulating a “Shift” function while gaming.
It a free to use program developed by open source developers and is available at Sourceforge. Here is the link to the official Download page.
While setting proper keys with the xbox you might face some configuration problems. Browsing through different forums we found a perfect combination for all xbox players. It was first drafted in a help forum by “crazyaznpig”, and here is the image guide for the configuration file.
joy2key for Linux
The official joy2key seems to have some problems with the Linux platform. We tried it under multiple tasks and environment and found it to be a bit buggy. You can however try the undermentioned program to emulate the keyboard under Linux platform.
Linux Joystick Driver
The 1.2.15 was the final version of this program. After that there were only some major bug fixes. It is a very old program but seems to work fine with all new joystick devices including Logitech and Microsoft joysticks.
Download Linux Joystick Driver
Here is the official download link.