If you are using an iPod, then you may be familiar with iSquint. It is an iPod video conversion application for Mac OSX. Have you
ever felt the need to share videos with your friends on iPod touch but you do not know how to do it? If yes, then iSquint video convertor is just the right application for you. This app for Mac and Windows can convert and import the following files (*.ts, *.mts, *.m2t, *.m2ts, *.mod, *.wmv, *.asf, *.mov, *.tod, *.3gp2, *.3gpp, *.3gp, *.3g2, *.flv, *f4v, *.amv, *.rm, *.rmm, *.rmvb, *.mkv ,*.avi, *.div, *.divx, *.mpg, *.mpeg, *.m4v) to iPod Touch MP4.
One of the great features of iSquint Converter is that is quite easy to use. You just need to drag the video file and click start. You can choose iPod or TV size video output and set your own quality standard. iSquint is capable of converting all the major types of video files to the iPod video format in real time. Some of the other features of the app are:
- No requirement of Quick Time Pro and DivX codec
- Batch processing of several files to save time
- Conversion to MPEG -4 and H.264 from all popular video formats
- Equipped with advanced setting drawer, it helps you to change every aspect of conversion process
- Automatic detection of aspect ratio of the videos.
It also allows you to convert videos for your TV and set the quality of the output video with the help of simple slider user-interface. The most interesting part which makes the application indispensible is the support of wide range of video file formats.
Using iSquint to Convert Videos To iPod
Here are some simple steps through which you can use iSquint to convert videos:
- First of all download iSquint. iSquint works for Mac OS X 10.3.9 or higher version.
- After you install iSquint click the .dmg file you have downloaded and drag the icon of the convertor into the apps folder.
- After this drag the media file in the middle of the application
- Now you need to click on the change button at the bottom of the iSquint window which will pop up a browse files window. You need to select the location where you want to save the converted video file.
- After this you need to select the conversions settings. Here you need to ensure that you have checked “Optimized for iPod” and H.264 encoding” since that is one of the most high quality video format. If the video originally came from a camcoder then you need to click “Advanced” and check “Deinterlace.” Then you need to determine the quality of encoding and finally click “Start” button at the bottom of the window to start the conversion process.
iSquint Requirements and Download
Download iSquint For Mac
Following are the system requirements for iSquint when installing on Mac:
- Mac OS X 10.3.9 or later
A new version of iSquint (iSquint 1.5.1) is available for Mac.
iSquint 1.5.1 has fixed a calculation problem associated during certain conversation in nations which use commas as decimal while running Snow Leopard.
Download iSquint For Windows
- Click to download iSquite Windows XP
- Download iSquint For Windows Vista
- Download iSquint For Windows 7
Some of the iSquint replacement includes
- Miro Video Convertor
- Xilisoft Video Convertor
- Hamster Free Video Convertor
- Encode HD
- iSkysoft iMedia Convertor
Personally we feel that iSquint is a great video convertor and if you love movies, series or documentaries or videos and want them to be in your iPod then what are you waiting for? Just install iSquint and enjoy.