Enter DFU mode without Power/Home button
It is quite a nasty situation if the power button is broken, tampered or has some glitches and you don’t want to take the risk while installing a new Jailbreak Firmware. RedSn0w provides a very quick option to enter DFU mode without home button or power button which can be accessed with the “Extra” button on the bottom of the program Interface.
This article is meant for advanced users and people who have problems with their Home button or the Power button. Check this article if you are looking for normal DFU mode Enter/Exit Instruction Manual.
DFU mode in iPhone, iPad and iTouch without buttons
The following steps will help you enter dfu mode without power button with the help of RedSn0w application. Make sure your Laptop has enough charge left in it as this will take some time. Also, recharge your idevice battery before starting with the DFU process.
- Download RedSn0w
- Extract and Open the Folder
- Run RedSn0w program
- Select Extras
- Again select “Even More”
- Now select “DFU IPSW”
- Press OK when done
- Download Signed Firmware from Apple website
- Select the file and let RedSn0w create the new IPSW firmware
- The new file will be located in the Original firmware directory
- The new file will have the name as ENTER_DFU_XXXXXXXXX_Restore.ipsw
- Now connect your device and Run iTunes program
- Hold down Shift Key and click “Restore”
- Select the newly created ipsw file and press OK
- Your device display should now show you Black screen
- Wait for a few seconds till your device restarts
- Your device is now running on the fresh restored firmware
- You are ready to jailbreak your device now.
If you are facing any problem to get the DFU mode working with these steps, you can ask for help in the comment section. Don’t forget to upload a screenshot of the problem you are facing. We will try to help you out as soon as possible.